About The Job:
The Event Project Manager will:
- Manage both live and virtual events for clients ranging from small trainings of 30 people to simulcast events with over 100,000 attendees.
- Organize large events into small, actionable steps and manage the RP staff and freelancers to produce the events.
- Create and maintain a system for event management.
- Ensure deadlines and goals are being met for each stage of the process for each event.
- Supervise freelancers for event production.
- Expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives.
- Present event concepts and estimates to clients when applicable.
- Lead internal briefings on new projects.
- Prepare Statements of Work and timeframes for deliverables.
- Troubleshoot client issues and provide direction to RP staff as needed to resolve problems.
- Ensure that events are produced within scope and within budget.
- Proven working experience tracking projects from start to completion.
- Hands on knowledge of event production. (Experience with virtual events is a plus.)
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Sheets and Docs, Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint, Mac OSX, and Keynote.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a related field.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Advanced problem resolution skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and match them with appropriate products and services.
- Comfort with working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner.
- The ability to lead and motivate a team.